Please follow up each ride you participate in by taking the survey posted on that ride’s page.
Interested in receiving our newsletter? You can sign up here.
Next Up: Tour de Blue – May 30th – Red Diamond Campus in Moody (Birmingham). See the Tour de Blue page for details or visit www.tourdeblue.com
CHEAHA CHALLENGE & ULTRA
If you’ve ever wanted to experience a GRAN FONDO at its finest, the Cheaha Challenge & ULTRA was our Series extravaganza! The weekend began with Saturday’s Registration Party at the Harley Davidson Stage with a never-ending buffet of Mellow Mushroom pasta and pizza, ice cold beer & beverage, and live music by the Gypsy Begonias Band! No worries as a brief rain shower passed through as a huge tent kept everyone dry.
Sunday’s venue at Jackson State University greeted everyone with the enticing aroma of Waffle House famous hashbrowns, smothered & covered plus Southern Girl Coffee – CHEAHA CHALLENGE GRIND! Plentiful seating with cloth tablecloths and hanging bike rims sparkling with lights from yet another HUGE tent. And check out the START/FINISH line!
Cyclists received not only their ABCS medal, but also a cool cowbell branded with the Cheaha Challenge logo, an event t-shirt, and neat pint glass to add to their collection. ULTRA finishers got an awesome tee for bragging rights to their 124 miles of extreme effort!
Listed to the right are ULTRA and Century riders who checked in at our Awards Table. After looking over the timing results from TopView Sports, there could be some corrections. Please work with us and send in any corrections: email@example.com
And be sure to plan on next year’s event, promising to be better than ever!
After our 5th event, these 21 centurions can brag on over 500 miles pedaled in the 2015 Series so far! They have earned their patch and we are anxious to see if they’re going for at least 5 more to get that free CHAMPION jersey? We think YES!!! Be sure to check out their photos on the Boll Weevil 100 page.
Roberto Aldo Yburan
Following Sunday’s Cheaha Challenge, these cyclists have completed 4 of our beautiful century routes! Still time to take home that CHAMPION jersey!
With 3 centuries pedaled and hopefully more to come are these awesome centurions! You too have 8 more opportunities to earn that free jersey! We look forward to awarding patches to you all at our next event, Tour de Blue on May 30th.
We have 43 cyclists who have already pedaled 2 0f our centuries and hope they’re able to schedule many more!
Anyone missing? Name spelled wrong? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch for this banner as you return from your century ride. It’s where you sign in, claim your medal, and “smile for the birdie!” Please come with your bib number and bike for a photo.
- To promote the growth and development of long-distance cycling in the state of Alabama, encourage participation in established Alabama century (100-mile) rides, recognize and reward individuals for their accomplishments, and benefit the charities and advocacy efforts supported by each of these events.
- Complete at least four of the Alabama Centuries (100-mile options) in the Series.
- Receive a collectible “Centurion” Finisher’s Medal for each (100-mile) century you complete.
- Upon completion of four century rides in the Series, receive an embroidered patch in the shape of Alabama, indicating each event location.
- Plus, your name will be listed as Centurion on each event website and on this DISCOVER ALABAMA BACKROADS website.
- Ride 10 of our centuries and receive our free CHAMPION jersey!
Peddlin’ for a Cure 2015