Message from Old Howard 100 organizers on this Saturday’s ride:
As you know, we’re currently in a weather pattern that brings moisture from the Gulf that meets a front that’s parked over north Alabama to trigger thunderstorms. No severe weather is predicted, and the good news is that no all-day rain is predicted for Saturday. Just a few showers here and there, or maybe it will be like yesterday here in Birmingham when we had no rain at all. Still, we have a rain plan in place for each rest stop but suggest that you bring your parka but also your sunscreen.
Well done Tour Autauga!! As a 1st-timer in the Alabama Backroads Century Series, Tour Autauga organizers, sponsors, and volunteers did an awesome and professional job of putting on a super event!
Although in its 10th year, Tour Autauga had remained a moderately-sized event; however, with the cooperative help of the Century Series Ride Directors via their websites and social media, this event has already grown tremendously and we look forward to their continued growth in following years!
Many thanks to 167 bicyclists who took part and congratulations to the 93 Centurions listed in the right-hand column. Any corrections? You can e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org
After our 2nd event in the Series, these centurions can brag on over 200 miles pedaled in the first two weeks of the 2015 Series and could possibly receive their patch at our April 25th Tour de Blue:
Roberto Aldo Yburan
Watch for this banner as you return from your century ride. It’s where you sign in, claim your medal, and “smile for the birdie!”
- To promote the growth and development of long-distance cycling in the state of Alabama, encourage participation in established Alabama century (100-mile) rides, recognize and reward individuals for their accomplishments, and benefit the charities and advocacy efforts supported by each of these events.
- Complete at least four of the Alabama Centuries (100-mile options) in the Series.
- Receive a collectible “Centurion” Finisher’s Medal for each (100-mile) century you complete.
- Upon completion of four century rides in the Series, receive an embroidered patch in the shape of Alabama, indicating each event location.
- Plus, your name will be listed as Centurion on each event website and on this DISCOVER ALABAMA BACKROADS website.
Peddlin’ for a Cure 2015
<p><a href=”https://vimeo.com/124329001″>Peddlin’ for a Cure 2015</a> from <a href=”https://vimeo.com/user9746485″>karen Hicks</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>