Please follow up each ride you participate in by taking the survey posted on that ride’s page.
Interested in receiving our newsletter? You can sign up here.
Next Up: HOT HUNDRED-Tuscaloosa-July 25th
TRI-STATES 100 Follow-Up
Not to brag, but we just keep getting better! The June 6th TriStates 100 had record turnout increasing from 324 (2014) to 406 this year. Century riders, numbering at 241, rolled in with record times including Terri Sullivan and Tony Robbins at 4 hours 39 minutes!
Incoming comments tell us that organizers Joe Varner, Bryan Darrow, Angie Sherrill and so many more put in unbelievable hours in planning for their rest stops, on-road support, plentiful lunch, and new headquarter venue. Bethel Baptist Church offered so much in helping to grow this ride with a perfect Start/Finish set up as well as air-conditioned and comfortable space for end-of-ride lunch. Shower facilities were welcome as this was our hottest event so far with temps well into the 90’s!
TriStates now has a new Facebook page and we would love for you to go in and follow for updates.
Many thanks to our ABCS Sign-In Crew and Photographers: Nancy Melkerson, Marsha Burt, Karrie Schwerin, and Rose & Gerome Gacula!
TriStates 100 Centurions are listed to the right. Please send any corrections or comments to email@example.com
FINISHERS’ PHOTOS NOW POSTED ON THE TRISTATES 100 PAGE
After the June 6th TriStates 100, we continue to have 20 incredible bicyclists who have pedaled all 7 of our century routes so far! We think they’re going for at least 10 to get that free PrimalWear CHAMPION jersey…maybe even all 13!
Roberto Aldo Yburan
With an amazing 600+ miles pedaled so far are these men and women! Yes, they are easily in the running for the free CHAMPION jersey!
With 5 out of 7 centuries pedaled and hopefully more to come are these awesome centurions! You have 6 more opportunities to earn that free jersey!
19 men and women have accomplished 4 of our century rides and many earned their patch at TriStates! (Photos to come!)
We’re very proud of these 40 athletes who have already completed 3 of our century routes! Good luck next time in receiving your patch for 4 centuries DONE!
And, we have a HUGE list of 88 century riders who’ve ridden two 100-milers so far! Great accomplishments from everyone!
Kenneth McDaniel Jr.
Finding mistakes or omissions? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch for this banner as you return from your century ride. It’s where you sign in, claim your medal, and “smile for the birdie!” Please come with your bib number and bike for a photo.
- To promote the growth and development of long-distance cycling in the state of Alabama, encourage participation in established Alabama century (100-mile) rides, recognize and reward individuals for their accomplishments, and benefit the charities and advocacy efforts supported by each of these events.
- Complete at least four of the Alabama Centuries (100-mile options) in the Series.
- Receive a collectible “Centurion” Finisher’s Medal for each (100-mile) century you complete.
- Upon completion of four century rides in the Series, receive an embroidered patch in the shape of Alabama, indicating each event location.
- Plus, your name will be listed as Centurion on each event website and on this DISCOVER ALABAMA BACKROADS website.
- Ride 10 of our centuries and receive our free CHAMPION jersey!
Peddlin’ for a Cure 2015