MEDALS & PATCHES
All participating events will be presenting CENTURION medals as you complete each 100-mile ride as well as THE PATCH when you complete your first four.
We’ll be looking forward to seeing many of you showing off your medals, patches, and jerseys as Ted Goode did at the end of his 2015 season:
We’re working on this year’s jersey design and will be offering with Primal Wear’s sponsorship, the CHAMPION jersey for anyone pedaling 1,000 or more miles as well as many other surprise perks to be confirmed by the end of this year.
We’re very happy to have Buffalo Rock/Pepsi back as our PRESENTING SPONSOR, providing soft drinks, bottled water, and Gatorade for each event and those big 10-gallon barrel coolers too!
We also welcome Academy Sports, offering several rides a great Pre-Registration venue with plentiful parking and opportunity for you to pick up those last-minute supplies.
And, again, it helps us so much in planning for food and your support if you go ahead and pre-register.
These events have open online registration and some already have their jersey designs ready:
|CHEAHA CHALLENGE & ULTRA||5/15||JACKSONVILLE|
|NORTH JEFFERSON CENTURY||8/27||GARDENDALE|
|GLASSNER AUTUMN CHALLENGE||10/8||MONTGOMERY|
Interested in receiving our newsletter? You can sign up here.
2015 FINAL REPORT
Bet you’re all wondering if our Fabulous 14 finished up with all 13 centuries DONE. Well, YES THEY DID! (Click on any photo for a larger view)
Special recognition goes out to RICK SWAGLER, TED GOODE, TONY ROBBINS, AND VIC CAMP who not only did all of our century rides this year but did the same last year when we offered 10 centuries to ride! What an accomplishment!
With 1200 ABCS miles logged in for the year were two determined women and one man!
These 9 men and one tough lady pedaled 11 of our Series centuries!
And these are our remaining 9 cyclists who will be awarded this year’s Series CHAMPION jerseys!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF OUR 2015 ABCS CHAMPIONS!
Congratulations also to Edwin Martin, Kathy Welch, Paul Laborde, Glenn Baird & Ray Harrison with 9 centuries accomplished!
And to these cyclists we send a salute for 8 centuries DONE in the 2015 Series!
12 men completed 7 of our century options!
With 600 Series miles DONE are these 10 men and one woman!
This entire list of 29 bicyclists not only earned their patch, but pedaled a 5th century during the 2015 season!
And these 52…yes, that 52! ended the year with their ABCS embroidered patch!
55 cyclists completed 300 Series miles this year!
143 bicyclists took home 2 ABCS medals!
Reginald J Ray Jr.
Finding mistakes or omissions? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To promote the growth and development of long-distance cycling in the state of Alabama, encourage participation in established Alabama century (100-mile) rides, recognize and reward individuals for their accomplishments, and benefit the charities and advocacy efforts supported by each of these events.
- Complete at least four of the Alabama Centuries (100-mile options) in the Series.
- Receive a collectible “Centurion” Finisher’s Medal for each (100-mile) century you complete.
- Upon completion of four century rides in the Series, receive an embroidered patch in the shape of Alabama, indicating each event location.
- Plus, your name will be listed as Centurion on each event website and on this DISCOVER ALABAMA BACKROADS website.
- Ride 10 of our centuries and receive our free CHAMPION jersey! *2016 design will be ready soon!