Please follow up each ride you participate in by taking the survey posted on that ride’s page.
Interested in receiving our newsletter? You can sign up here.
Next Up: IRONWORKS CENTURY – AUGUST 8th
HOT HUNDRED Follow-Up
Congratulations to our 8th Series ride, the Hot Hundred for putting on a superb event, living up to its name, The Hottest Ride in the South!
With ‘feels like” temps reaching 102 degrees, the Hot Hundred support crew was really on their toes on Ride Day. By Thursday, DCH Sports Trainers put out the word that the famous “ice tubs” would need to increase in numbers, especially at ride headquarters. Organizers scrambled to add more and more ice chests to provide ice for not only riders, but ice tubs and ice towels. SAG drivers were coached on how to recognize overheating issues and how to treat problems on-the-road. Yes, a number of people were wise enough to take a ride either to a rest stop or back to headquarters to enjoy a dip in the Rec Center pool.
Tuscaloosa Police, County Sheriffs, and State Highway Patrol were on duty all day and Tuscaloosa DOT provided for the closure of Jack Warner Parkway. It was truly a community-supported event!
Registration reached a whopping 614 and an amazing 308 bicyclists completed a very tough course with a good number of miles pedaled on rough roads in extreme temps! You gotta be tough to finish this ride and we send a HUGE SHOUT OUT to all who accomplished it!
Many thanks to our ABCS Sign-In Crew and Photographers: Marsha Burt, Karrie Schwerin, and Rose & Gacula! PHOTOS WILL BE POSTED DURING THIS WEEK…PLEASE BE PATIENT AND THEY’LL BE WORTH WAITING FOR.
Hot Hundred Centurions are listed to the right. Please send any corrections or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
After the July 25th Hot Hundred, we have 18 incredible bicyclists who have pedaled all 8 of our century routes so far! We think they’re going for at least 10 to get that free PrimalWear CHAMPION jersey…maybe even all 13!
Roberto Aldo Yburan
With an amazing 700+ miles pedaled so far are these men and women! Yes, they are easily in the running for the free CHAMPION jersey!
With 6 out of 8 centuries pedaled and hopefully more to come are these awesome centurions! You have 5 more opportunities to earn that free jersey!
10 men and women have accomplished 5 of our century rides! 5 more chances everyone! You can do it!
We’re very proud of these 48 athletes who have already completed 4 of our century routes with many earning their patches at the Hot Hundred!
And, we have a long list of 48 century riders who’ve ridden three 100-milers so far! Great accomplishments from everyone!
And with 2 centuries is a HUGE list of men and women! Only two more to go and you’ll have the 2015 ABCS patch for bragging rights!
Finding mistakes or omissions? Please let us know at email@example.com
Watch for this banner as you return from your century ride. It’s where you sign in, claim your medal, and “smile for the birdie!” Please come with your bib number and bike for a photo.
- To promote the growth and development of long-distance cycling in the state of Alabama, encourage participation in established Alabama century (100-mile) rides, recognize and reward individuals for their accomplishments, and benefit the charities and advocacy efforts supported by each of these events.
- Complete at least four of the Alabama Centuries (100-mile options) in the Series.
- Receive a collectible “Centurion” Finisher’s Medal for each (100-mile) century you complete.
- Upon completion of four century rides in the Series, receive an embroidered patch in the shape of Alabama, indicating each event location.
- Plus, your name will be listed as Centurion on each event website and on this DISCOVER ALABAMA BACKROADS website.
- Ride 10 of our centuries and receive our free CHAMPION jersey!
Peddlin’ for a Cure 2015