Welcome to the ABCS website where we share information on each ride in the Series…just click on the ride you’re interested in on our menu for details…check back often for updates!
HOT HUNDRED – JULY 30th
The Hot Hundred may not have lived up to its name the “Hottest Ride in the South!” but still topped out at 93 degrees and feels like temp of 100! In general, riders tolerated the heat well with DCH Sports Trainers keeping them cooled down with their well-known ice towels and pampering. As with previous Series events, the number of Centurions was close to half of the total number registered of 623….. 309 medals were awarded!
Photographers Rose and Gerome Gacula have posted some great video and photos to our Facebook page. Finishers’ photos will be posted on the Hot Hundred page of this site.
We were happy to see some large groups from area clubs and organizations.
The Hot Hundred has always been known for its community support and thank so many individuals, clubs, and Tuscaloosa organizations for putting on a fun and safe ride with no major accidents.
After this 8th event, we have added a good number of people who’ve already earned their patch for having done 4 or more century routes. We apologize for missing anyone so please claim yours at our next ride if we missed you!
NORTH JEFFERSON CENTURY – GARDENDALE – AUGUST 27th
After our first 8 events:
- 22 cyclists have pedaled all 8 century routes as compared to 18 in 2015.
- 18 athletes have completed 7 centuries with 14 having accomplished this last year.
- An impressive number of 24 men and women have ridden 6 of our centuries so far! Last year, only 7 had pedaled 6.
- With 500 miles pedaled in the 2016 Series are another 20 bicyclists with 10 last year.
- With 4 centuries done are 25 bicyclists compared to 34 in 2015!
- A whopping 58 athletes have now pedaled 3 of our century routes! This time last year there were 48.
- And an impressive 103 cyclists have 2 centuries DONE with 113 in 2015.
- Overall, our numbers are up by nearly 30 bicyclists as we tally 2 or more accomplished!
We’re on course to have a record number of CHAMPIONS this year!!! At this point, all who have done 5 or more are eligible with 5 more opportunities to finish with 10 centuries DONE. That could be a total of 84 CHAMPIONS (as compared to 36 in 2015) receiving the specially-designed jersey! If you’re aiming to claim this awesome CHAMPION jersey, keep pedaling!
8 CENTURIES DONE!
(Click for photo slideshow)
7 CENTURIES DONE!
6 CENTURIES DONE!
5 CENTURIES DONE!
4 CENTURIES DONE!
3 CENTURIES DONE!
2 CENTURIES DONE!
Don’t forget…we are serious about recognizing you for your accomplishments but as numbers increase, errors are apt to happen. Please let us know at email@example.com
- To promote the growth and development of long-distance cycling in the state of Alabama, encourage participation in established Alabama century (100-mile) rides, recognize and reward individuals for their accomplishments, and benefit the charities and advocacy efforts supported by each of these events.
- Complete at least four of the Alabama Centuries (100-mile options) in the Series.
- Receive a collectible “Centurion” Finisher’s Medal for each (100-mile) century you complete.
- Upon completion of four century rides in the Series, receive an embroidered patch in the shape of Alabama, indicating each event location.
- Plus, your name will be listed as Centurion on this website as you complete each century route.
- Ride 10 of our centuries and receive our free Primal Wear CHAMPION jersey!
OUR 2015 CHAMPIONS
We’re very happy to have BUFFALO ROCK/PEPSI back as our PRESENTING SPONSOR, providing soft drinks, bottled water, banners, and Gatorade for each event and those big 10-gallon barrel coolers too!
PRIMAL WEAR is our supporting apparel sponsor, assisting many of our rides in the design of their unique jerseys. PRIMAL WEAR sponsorship allows us to offer awesome CHAMPION jerseys to those pedaling 1,000 or more of our Series miles!
We welcome ACADEMY SPORTS, offering several of our events a super Pre-Registration venue with plentiful parking and opportunity for you to pick up those last-minute supplies. Pre-registering at Academy also makes you eligible for gift cards for a last-minute shopping spree…watch for news on which events will offer this opportunity!
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF ALABAMA, sends best wishes for safe rides in support of health and wellness. Please visit our SPONSOR page for more information from BCBS and our other supporting sponsors.
These events have open online registration and some already have their jersey designs ready:
W.C. HANDY 3 STATE BIKE RIDE 7/23 FLORENCE
HOT HUNDRED 7/30 TUSCALOOSA
NORTH JEFFERSON CENTURY 8/27 GARDENDALE
BIRMINGHAM BICYCLE CLUB’S 43rd ANNUAL CENTURY 9/10 ASHVILLE
ALL YOU CAN EAT CENTURY 9/17 HUNTSVILLE
JOHNNY RAY CENTURY 9/24 OPELIKA
GLASSNER AUTUMN CHALLENGE 10/8 MONTGOMERY
Interested in receiving our newsletter? You can sign up here.