2014 jersey sales are open! This is a Primal, 3-pocket, set-in sleeves jersey with the 2014 rides, dates, and locations on the back for your bragging rights. Place your order here by August 20th for mid-October delivery.
The Hot Hundred is gearing up for your arrival in just a couple of weeks! We are the 5th event in the Alabama Backroads Century Series and looking forward to awarding as many as 29 patches in recognition of 4 of the 10 centuries DONE! Routes of 29,36,52,71 & 103 miles are supported with 6 Rest Stations, 7 well-marked SAG vehicles, and area law enforcement agencies. Shout out a Roll Tide! as you pedal past Bryant Denny Stadium and famous Denny Chimes in the company of soldiers from Forts Benning and Gordon! The first few miles from the UA Rec Center to Capitol Park are known as a NEUTRAL START, cruising behind the lead car at ~15 mph. In addition to TPD escort, these miles will be supported by the Dirty South Cruisers, a well-known motorcycle club staging at each main intersection. We welcome cyclists of all ages and skill-levels to join us for the 12th Annual Hot Hundred!
*Centurions, make sure to check in at our Johnson Hill Rest Stop. Stop in for a break or just a quick shout out of your bib number.
Ride details, Social Media and Registration links can be found at www.bikehothundred.com
TriStates 100 Dothan, AL. June 7th, 2014
Congratulations to our TriStates 100 Centurions who are listed to the right. What a great day it was with total numbers increasing by nearly 80, mostly you awesome century riders.
Below is the updated list of 4, 3, and 2 centuries achieved. (Please use the contact form below for any corrections.)
4 Centuries DONE! The first patches were proudly secured by these 11 Centurions with their completion of the TriStates 100 Century on Saturday, June 7th:
Check out the TriStates page for some great photos.
3 of our first 4 Centuries were wrapped up by these 29 Century riders:
|Edward O Shipman|
|William (Billy) Ritch|
Of the first 4 events, an impressive 74 cyclists have accomplished 2 centuries:
|Dirtdog (Dan) Watson|
|Thomas Schwerin Jr.|
- To promote the growth and development of long-distance cycling in the state of Alabama, encourage participation in established Alabama century (100-mile) rides, recognize and reward individuals for their accomplishments, and benefit the charities and advocacy efforts supported by each of these events.
- Complete four of the Alabama Centuries (100-mile options) in the Series.
- Receive a collectible “Centurion” Finisher’s Medal for each (100-mile) century you complete.
- Upon completion of four century rides in the Series, receive an embroidered patch in the shape of Alabama, indicating each event location.
- Plus, your name will be listed as Centurion on each event website and on this DISCOVER ALABAMA BACKROADS website.