The October 11th Glassner Autumn Challenge has received very high praise from all participants with another record broken! Numbers registered were 351, up from 300 in 2013. Of that number, 140 accomplished the 100-mile option. Centurions are listed to the right on each page of this site.
We congratulate Ride Directors, Robert and Bonnie Traphan along with the strong support of Montgomery Bicycle Club members for the detailed planning and production of this final event in our Series. What a fantastic way to end the season!
We’re so proud of these 9 men and women who after the Glassner Autumn Challenge have completed all ten of the ABCS century options!
Alex Kamman, Greg Bowen, Bradley Garrett, Tony Robbins, Vic Camp, Margot Andison, Ted Goode, Calvin Hall, Rick Swagler
The latest stats after the Glassner Autumn Challenge:
- 9 cyclists have completed all 10 centuries!
- 3 have pedaled 9 out of those ten!
- 3 have accomplished 8 of them!
- 9 have ridden 7 centuries out of 10!
- An even dozen succeeded in finishing 6 100-milers!
- 30 have completed 5 of our century options!
- The awesome number of 52 cyclists earned their custom embroidered patch for pedaling 4 of our century rides!
- 51 can now brag on 3 centuries DONE!
- And 94 have accomplished 2 century rides in the Series!
- Our total number of registrants for the ten 2014 events was 3,551, an increase of over 500 participants from 2013.
Glassner Autumn Challenge Centurions are listed in the right hand column. If we somehow missed you, please use the below comment form for corrections.
Congratulations to these 3 men who have completed 9 of our 2014 centuries!
You may remember that last year (our inaugural year), we had one person, Tony Robbins who cycled 9 of our century rides and we awarded him a free jersey at the end of the season. This time we had an astounding group of nine who rode all ten! So, we’ve decided it only fair to toss in an extra Series t-shirt to those nine and also award a complimentary jersey to these three men who biked 9 of our centuries.
You guys rock and we’re so proud of your accomplishment!
|Stan (George) Muse|
Kudos to these dedicated men and women who finished the season with 8 out of 10 centuries!
We’ll be contacting you through e-mail to get your size because you’re all getting a 2014 Series t-shirt and cap!
To these 9 folks who’ve done 7 of our 10 centuries, we send a big THANK YOU for your support and enthusiasm!
12 cyclists have 6 centuries DONE! A few snapshots below…
|Gerald Muench L|
|Joseph Creel XL|
|Paul Laborde L|
|Susan Muench M|
|Terry Grizzard L|
We finish our Series Season with these 30 cyclists having pedaled 5 of our centuries!
|Edward O Shipman|
|Roberto Aldo Yburan|
|Thomas Schwerin Jr.|
We have a long list of centurions who have earned their 2014 Centurion’s patch! Congratulations to all of you for achieving this goal!
This might be a good time to give credit to Rose Del Rosario Gacula who in support of her husband, Gerome has provided these awesome photos for the Glassner Autumn Challenge.
|William (Billy) Ritch|
We have an equally long list of folks who’ve done 3 of our century options!
|Craig Van Vulkenburg|
And, here is the list of 94 centurions who have ridden 2 of our 10 centuries!
|Dirtdog (Dan) Watson|
|Ruth Marie Oliver|
Apologies for any errors on photos or lists!!! The centurion lists have really grown (yes, achieving our goal!) and it’s so easy to miss someone! Please use the comment form below for any corrections.You can find the list of all century riders from each event in the far right column of each page.
- To promote the growth and development of long-distance cycling in the state of Alabama, encourage participation in established Alabama century (100-mile) rides, recognize and reward individuals for their accomplishments, and benefit the charities and advocacy efforts supported by each of these events.
- Complete at least four of the Alabama Centuries (100-mile options) in the Series.
- Receive a collectible “Centurion” Finisher’s Medal for each (100-mile) century you complete.
- Upon completion of four century rides in the Series, receive an embroidered patch in the shape of Alabama, indicating each event location.
- Plus, your name will be listed as Centurion on each event website and on this DISCOVER ALABAMA BACKROADS website.