For anyone who missed the 2014 Series jersey order deadline, here’s your second chance: https://www.bikereg.com/alabama-backroads-century-series Online orders will be open until October 19th with a mid-December delivery date…perfect Christmas present for yourself or cycling friend!
The September 6th Birmingham Bicycle Club’s 41st Annual Century was another huge Series success with their number of century riders up to 134 from 89! Total registration took a leap from 158 last year to 218 this time!
A few stats after our first 7 events:
- 9 cyclists have completed all 7 centuries so far!
- 12 have pedaled 6 out of those 7!
- 16 have accomplished 5 of them!
- 31 have ridden 4 centuries out of 7!
- 52 succeeded in finishing 3 100-milers!
- 91 have completed 2 of our century options!
Beginning with our 7 out of 10 Centuries DONE (sorry we missed a photo of Rick Swagler so stealing one from Hot Hundred!) Congratulations to these 9 Alabamians who are obviously reaching for the goal of completing all 10 centuries!
These men and women have pedaled over 600 ABCS miles with 6 of our centuries DONE!
Here are the names and some photos of the 16 Centurions who have accomplished 5 centuries so far:
|Edward O Shipman|
And now, with 4 centuries DONE, these were our BBC Centurions who took home the patch!
|Roberto Aldo Yburan|
The list of “3 Centuries DONE” is GROWING! We’re looking forward to awarding patches to these folks at the Huntsville ALL YOU CAN EAT CENTURY!
|Thomas Schwerin Jr|
|William (Billy) Ritch|
And finally, we have a HUGE list of cyclists who have ridden 2 of the century rides so far and have three more opportunities to take home the 2014 embroidered patch: Be sure to click on the BBC menu button (top of this page) to see more photos from the 2014 event to be posted soon! Please use the comment form to let us know any missing names.
|Dirtdog (Dan) Watson|
Apologies for any errors on photos or lists!!! The centurion lists have really grown (yes, achieving our goal!) and it’s so easy to miss someone! Please use the comment form below for any corrections.You can find the list of all century riders from each event in the far right column of this page!
- To promote the growth and development of long-distance cycling in the state of Alabama, encourage participation in established Alabama century (100-mile) rides, recognize and reward individuals for their accomplishments, and benefit the charities and advocacy efforts supported by each of these events.
- Complete at least four of the Alabama Centuries (100-mile options) in the Series.
- Receive a collectible “Centurion” Finisher’s Medal for each (100-mile) century you complete.
- Upon completion of four century rides in the Series, receive an embroidered patch in the shape of Alabama, indicating each event location.
- Plus, your name will be listed as Centurion on each event website and on this DISCOVER ALABAMA BACKROADS website.