2014 jersey sales are open! This is a Primal, 3-pocket, set-in sleeves jersey with the 2014 rides, dates, and locations on the back for your bragging rights. Place your order here by August 20th for mid-October delivery.
Thank you to all 664 bicyclists who joined us for our 12th annual Hot Hundred which turned out to be the Hottest Ride in the South…so far! We are especially proud to brag on approximately 320 century riders…almost half of you did the 103 miles and did it well! Sorry it takes a while to come up with an accurate list and we’re working to confirm several names before posting.
Be sure to visit our website to read the great story of Bibb #207 and read some of the comments and stories about Ride Day.
Watch for the updated list of 5, 4, 3, and 2 centuries achieved. Here’s the list following the TriStates 100:
4 Centuries DONE! The first patches were proudly secured by these 11 Centurions with their completion of the TriStates 100 Century on Saturday, June 7th:
Check out the TriStates page for some great photos.
3 of our first 4 Centuries were wrapped up by these 29 Century riders:
|Edward O Shipman|
|William (Billy) Ritch|
Of the first 4 events, an impressive 74 cyclists have accomplished 2 centuries:
|Dirtdog (Dan) Watson|
|Thomas Schwerin Jr.|
- To promote the growth and development of long-distance cycling in the state of Alabama, encourage participation in established Alabama century (100-mile) rides, recognize and reward individuals for their accomplishments, and benefit the charities and advocacy efforts supported by each of these events.
- Complete four of the Alabama Centuries (100-mile options) in the Series.
- Receive a collectible “Centurion” Finisher’s Medal for each (100-mile) century you complete.
- Upon completion of four century rides in the Series, receive an embroidered patch in the shape of Alabama, indicating each event location.
- Plus, your name will be listed as Centurion on each event website and on this DISCOVER ALABAMA BACKROADS website.